QI Risk: Medical gas pipeline system and operational assessment
A well maintained, fit-for-purpose medical gas reticulation system is critical to a healthcare facility’s ability to deliver reliable and safe patient care. However, hazards in the system can be easily overlooked, potentially compromising reliable and safe operation of the facility.
Common medical gas system hazards within a healthcare facility can include:
- Outdated gas cylinder manifolds that no longer comply with safety design standards.
- Unmaintained or non-compliant medical air plants, compromising reliability of supply and delivering poor-quality medical air.
- Insufficient pipeline and instrumentation drawings, increasing the difficulty of troubleshooting and repair of the medical gas system.
- Non-compliant cylinder storage or cylinder segregation resulting in fire and asphyxiation hazards.
Drawing on over 60 years’ experience of providing medical gas solutions and support, BOC has developed QI® Risk as a proactive approach to manage the safety, reliability and compliance of medical gas reticulation systems.
QI Risk is a comprehensive medical gas pipeline and operational assessment package involving a thorough inspection, risk assessment, detailed reporting and recommendations by one of BOC’s medical gas reticulation experts; giving your healthcare facility the insight required to ensure safe and reliable operation of the complete medical gas reticulation system.
BOC will work closely with you to tailor the scope of the QI Risk assessment package to meet the specific requirements of your healthcare facility — this assessment can include all or part of the following areas:
- Liquid oxygen supply.
- Cylinder storage.
- Manifolds and manifold rooms.
- Medical gas alarm systems.
- Plant rooms, medical air and medical vacuum plants.
- Medical gas reticulation.
- Department, ward and theatre medical gas infrastructure.
- Medical gas training, policies and procedures.
- Safety regulatory requirements.
BOC can assist in the design, supply and fitting of medical gas infrastructure, equipment and maintenance; developing best practice solutions specific to a healthcare facility’s needs and assisting in maintaining compliance and accreditation within current regulatory standards.
Only Zip HydroTap technology transforms water at the touch of a button into a form you'll...
TOE Complete Care is a start-to-finish reprocessing system for TOE ultrasound probes, equipped...
Haines Medical compostable kidney dishes are an environmentally friendly and cost-effective...