Geelong will be home to Vic's largest aged-care development
When completed, Homestead Estate will be the largest residential aged-care home in Victoria at 260 beds and will provide residents with:
- a community healthcare hub servicing both the residents of Homestead Estate and the wider community providing a medical centre, allied health services, a healthcare retail outlet and a pathology collection centre;
- a cafe featuring a modern functional kitchen with microwave, cooktop, dishwasher and espresso machine delivering fine quality beverages;
- a gymnasium and hydrotherapy pool offering residents tailored programs under the supervision of an in-house physiotherapy team;
- a virtual reality cinema especially adapted for use in aged care;
- expansive outdoor areas, some measuring over 1000 m2.
Construction of the $34m Homestead Estate redevelopment project is scheduled to begin at the Wallington site, east of Geelong, in August 2017. The existing homes at the Homestead Estate site will be combined into one location.
“Homestead Estate was the first residential aged-care home in the TLC group, so we are delighted to finally be able to commence work on its redevelopment,” said the CEO of TLC Healthcare, Lou Pascuzzi.
“TLC has worked extensively with principal consultants Baldasso Cortese on other projects, and the project team is excited about working with Ireland Brown Construction to build a truly unique facility. This redevelopment project will not only provide a boost for construction employment in the Geelong area, it will also employ around 150 aged-care staff on an ongoing basis,” said Lou.
The facility will help address the high demand for qualified hospital, aged-care, home care and...
While they look, smell and feel like a home, they're actually an aged-care residence,...
Case studies from five Australian healthcare organisations that have successfully reduced their...