Surgical Asset Management
Operating theatres are simultaneously the largest cost and revenue generator for any hospital.*
Many hospitals continue to struggle to maintain a well-run operating theatre due to the large number of stake holders involved.
The delay or cancellation of an operation not only has a financial and time impact (due to the rescheduling of theatre lists, staff rostering changes and other changes required), but also can have a detrimental impact on the patient experience and recovery.
The symbiotic relationship between the operating theatre and the CSSD means that any delay in CSSD process can directly cause operating theatre delays and cancellations.
Poor quality instruments, damaged, worn instruments, even the wrong types or too many instruments can impact the CSSD process.
At B. Braun, we are able to work with our hospital customers to ensure that an optimum fleet of instruments is available for continual use by offering the following:
Quickscan — A Surgical Asset Management Baseline Assessment
- A service provided free of charge which offers a snapshot view of your current processes and instrument quality during an agreed timeframe.
- A process in which we audit existing stock and then provide a condition survey which includes an assessment of future requirements.
Instacount® Plus Instrument Management System
- A solution which provides closed loop instrument traceability and accountability.
CSSD Process Consulting
- A review of the complete department processes (including productivity and compliance assessment) then a written report is provided which includes recommendations and suggested strategies to improve efficiency, productivity, staff and patient safety and compliance with applicable national and international standards.
ATS – Aesculap Technical Services
- Allows hospitals who have instruments in need of repair or replacement to return them and have them restored to an ‘as new’ condition by our qualified technicians.
Sterile Container Systems
- The preservation of sterility and economy are the two central criteria for a sterile packaging system. Through innovative design B. Braun offers a rigid container system that can meet your instrument sterilisation requirements; improves efficiency in your facility; reduces your consumable costs and provides a positive environmental impact.
B. Braun collaborates with our private and public sector customers by offering a comprehensive and innovative range of quality products and services that set new standards in medical technology and establishes B. Braun as an effective partner to the healthcare industry.
Aesculap - so much more than just a quality surgical instrument supplier.
For more information please call B. Braun Customer Service on 1800 251 705
*Pollard J, Zboray A, Mazze R. Economic Benefits attributed to opening a preoperative evaluation clinic for outpatients. Anesth Analg 1996; 83:7
The TD 100CE automated TOE probe disinfector is designed to provide high-level disinfection of...
Antimicrobial resistant organisms are a common cause of infections in healthcare facilities. Such...
Chlorine dioxide's chemistry makes it ideal for use in healthcare, where fast, effective and...