Air Liquide: TAKEO2 The Innovative Solution for Enhanced Patient Safety and Cost Savings in Healthcare Facilities
Air Liquide Healthcare is proud to introduce TAKEO2TM, one of the world’s first digital integrated cylinders. Australia is one of the first countries outside of Europe to implement this new technology.
About Air Liquide Healthcare
Air Liquide Healthcare is a world leader in medical gases, home healthcare, hygiene products and healthcare specialty ingredients. Air Liquide Healthcare aims to provide customers in the continuum of care from hospital to home with medical products, specialty ingredients and services that contribute to protecting vulnerable lives.
We serve over 7,500 hospitals and 1,000,000 patients throughout the world, supplying medical gases, hygiene products and equipment to hospital customers, and providing Home Healthcare services to patients in the community.
TAKEO2 TM is a major innovation in the Medical Oxygen field. This new generation cylinder combines a built in pressure regulator, an ergonomic cap and a patented digital gauge, to provide healthcare professionals with the industry’s safest and most cost effective medical oxygen delivery system.
This new technology allows caregivers to better manage the administration of medical oxygen, by viewing the remaining time and volume available at a glance.
What does TAKEO2TM mean for me?
This solution provides major benefits to healthcare providers:
Greater patient safety by reducing the risk of oxygen supply interruption:
- Staff can safely plan oxygen dependent transfers having immediate and accurate cylinders duration time.
- The permanent display of the remaining time and available volume as well as the safety alerts indicate when the cylinder needs to be replaced
- The integrated valve with built in pressure regulator provides a higher level of safety as it reduces the possibility of adiabatic compression associated with detachable pressure regulators.
Improved ease of use and faster oxygen set ups:
- With an ergonomic cap, a comfortable handle and a straightforward flow selector, patient care is significantly facilitated.
- The time-related data provides an unprecedented comfort level to caregivers who can better focus on their primary responsibility, the patient.
Cost efficiency through an effective use of the cylinder content and reduced equipment cost:
- With direct and exact information on remaining time, staff members are more confident to use most of the cylinder contents as they have a better control of the autonomy of the cylinder.
- Featuring an integrated valve, TAKEO2TM does not require a separate regulator to be attached. This eliminates the need to purchase regulators for medical oxygen cylinders, or to manage their maintenance and repair.
The use of the integrated TAKEO2TM cylinders reduces redundant and inefficient activities, enables caregivers to reallocate their time on the patients and delivers significant cost savings for the healthcare facilities.
It was demonstrated with several case studies in Europe and Canada that hospitals were returning about 50% of their medical oxygen cylinders for refill (considered as empty) when cylinders were actually over 1/4 full. With the new digital integrated cylinders, over 90% of the cylinders were returned completely empty by the hospital. As a focus on lean management and waste reduction practices in the healthcare sector continues, TAKEO2TM is the innovative solution for cost savings.
How does it work?
When the cylinder is in use, the patented digital pressure gauge calculates and displays the time remaining in hours and minutes. No more estimations or calculations of the remaining content are required as TAKEO2TM cylinder provides direct intelligible information to medical staff with the remaining treatment time at the selected flow.
When the cylinder is not in use, it displays the available volume in litres. The device also features visual and audible warning alerts which indicate when critical levels are reached.
For more information, please contact 1300 360 202 or visit www.airliquidehealthcare.com.au
A well-designed therapeutic environment contributes greatly to how patients and families perceive...
Storage and disposal of refuse is a necessary process in the hospital and healthcare workplace....