Primary nurse innovation grant now open
Applications are now open for Seqirus Australia’s 2019–2020 ‘Championing Change’ Innovation Practice Nurse Grants.
Now in their second year, the Innovation Grants recognise and support Australian practice nurses’ enhancement of community immunity through the implementation of innovative adult immunisation initiatives designed to boost coverage rates, or improve the quality use of adult vaccines.
Three Innovation Grants to the value of $5000 each, commemorative certificates and sponsorship to attend the 2020 Australian Practice Nurses Association (APNA) National Conference, including travel, accommodation and registration, will be provided to three successful grant recipients nominated by the independent expert review panel.
Practice nurses working in GP or immunisation clinics who drive, or support, patient awareness, timely uptake of, and/or compliance with adult vaccines listed on the National Immunisation Program (NIP) Schedule or any state-funded vaccine programs are eligible to apply for the ‘Championing Change’ Innovation Practice Nurse Grants for their healthcare practice.
To qualify for this year’s Innovation Grants, each applicant will be required to submit a document outlining their planned innovative initiative which must be rolled out between 1 July and 30 November 2019 and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Improve coverage, access and/or timely delivery of adult vaccinations as per the NIP Schedule and any state-funded programs.
- Be adaptable and able to be replicated by other immunisation clinics or GP practices in Australia.
- Support the ongoing record keeping of vaccinations on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) in clinical practice.
- Support the quality use of adult vaccines.
Submissions are now open and close at 5 pm AEST on Friday, 31 May 2019. Announcement of the Innovation Grants recipients will be issued on Sunday, 30 June 2019.
To apply, applicants must simply:
- Register with the Community Immunity website – www.communityimmunity.com.au.
- Upload their application to the site by 5 pm AEST on Friday, 31 May 2019.
To learn more about the ‘Championing Change’ Innovation Practice Nurse Grants, including the specific criteria and terms and conditions, head to www.communityimmunity.com.au/championing-change.
A new study has found that perceived imbalances in support for nurses at work leads to fraying...
A survey of Australian primary healthcare nurses found that many feel under-utilised and requests...
New microneedle patches developed by an Australian university offer a pain-free, antibacterial,...