Patient response system goes beyond nurse call
Global solutions provider Ascom has introduced a modular, scalable patient-response system to Australia and New Zealand: Ascom Telligence. Designed to elevate nurse call for optimum patient-centric care, Ascom Telligence allows caregivers to access relevant information at the point of care and throughout the care process.
Built on the Ascom Healthcare Platform, which collects information from multiple sources — the patient, medical devices, healthcare applications and other systems — Ascom Telligence integrates with a facility’s current devices and applications and can easily be expanded over time to meet future requirements. The flexible system offers everything from a standalone nurse call system to a fully integrated, end-to-end patient response solution. Each module provides a solid foundation for ongoing patient response improvements.
“We’re introducing Ascom Telligence, which has a history as a market-leading brand in North America, Asia and the Middle East,” Ascom Australia Country Manager David Williams said. “The Ascom Telligence Nurse Call system will define workflows in a new way by providing easy access to relevant information at the point of care, so patient needs are handled promptly.”
The system provides clinicians with a comprehensive view of a patient’s status that goes well beyond traditional nurse call. As a result, caregivers are better informed when responding to patient requests.
Features of Ascom Telligence include:
- ability to leverage and enhance nurse call infrastructure with communication and documentation tools;
- quick charting via new Ascom TelliConnect station for easy access to the EMR and other relevant information (eg, applications, patient devices and monitors)
- SafeConnect magnetic plugs safely connect auxiliary devices to the Ascom Telligence system, and magnetic connectors release easily, minimising the possibility of device damage in the patient room;
- in-room presence automatic capture;
- nurse rounding recognition.
Find out more by visiting Ascom at Australian Healthcare Week.
The 2021 HESTA Australian Nursing and Midwifery Awards honour the work of nurses and midwives to...
The ICU Nurses Refresher Toolkit and COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit contain up-to-date medical...
The Australian College of Nursing says the final recommendations of the MBS Review Taskforce...