6th Annual Operating Theatre Management Conference
Australia's premier event for OR Managers. Stay up to date with the latest programs and practices being implemented across the country & learn key strategies and methods to help improve your skills and knowledge as a Theatre Manager.
28 - 29 August 2014 | The Menzies Hotel, Sydney
Collaboration and collective responsibility are key elements to effective OR Management. The annual Operating Theatre Management Conference provides a timely and pertinent opportunity for industry experts and professionals to share best practice. Featuring case studies and open discussion, the 2014 conference will focus on the improvement strategies being implemented and managed across Australia to meet national safety and quality standards, maximise theatre efficiency and improve safety procedures, workforce management and access to funding.
– Implementing the National Standards - A guide to preparing for accreditation
– ACORN update & alignment of Standards
– Infection control in the OR
– Communication in clinical handover
– Implementing the surgical safety checklist
– Improving team performance & safety in practice
– Relating surgery time to ABF
– Operating theatre efficiency
– Perioperative information systems - Why electronic vs paper
– Delegation & supervision of clinical care
– Staffing, recruitment & clinical education
– DO NOT MISS! | Pre-Conference Workshop on Wednesday 27th August 2014
– DO NOT MISS! | The Official Networking Dinner will take place on Wednesday 27th August 2014 at the Athenian Greek Restaurant
Researchers at the University of South Australia have developed a novel coating that can be...
The Australian College of Nursing has welcomed the recognition of the profession's...
A team from Southern Cross University is pioneering a technology that could heal wounds in days...