Keeping your facility safe is easy with PathoCide's HOCl based solution.
Today, cleaning is not just about appearance — it’s about cleaning for health. In medical and aged care facilities, staff, customers and guests want assurance that cleaning programs effectively prevent the spread of infectious diseases without negatively impacting their wellbeing and the planet. To meet these new standards of clean, many facilities have transitioned to green cleaning programs using hypochlorous acid as an alternative to toxic disinfecting chemicals. And now with a TGA approval, our new PathoCide Hospital Grade Disinfectant surface spray will help you exceed these standards.
PathoCide Hospital Grade Disinfectant is an approved surface spray that can effectively stop the spread of COVID-19 and kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses including Staphylococcus Aureus, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Salmonella Choleraesuis, Poliovirus Type 1 and Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2, among many others.
What is Hypochlorous Acid?
Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) is the ingredient that PathoCide Hospital Grade Disinfectant is made from. It is a unique chlorine subspecies well known for its antimicrobial properties. In fact, it’s most famously known for being naturally produced by white blood cells in all mammals to fight infections. The substance effectively eliminates a broad range of microorganisms. Recent technology in electrolysis has allowed this compound to be produced outside of our bodies. This process runs an electrical current through NaCl (table salt) and water and precisely controls the environment around the chemical (pH) to create a chemical reaction forming sodium hydroxide (NaOH) and hypochlorous acid (HOCl).
These two compounds are useful cleaning and disinfecting solutions for many types of hard and soft surfaces. Sodium hydroxide is a cleaner that removes soils, stains and residue build-up. Hypochlorous acid is a disinfectant that kills and inactivates a wide range of germs and viruses. Facilities can maximize the effectiveness of their cleaning programs by using the solutions in a two-step cleaning and disinfecting process.
Five Reasons to Use PathoCide Hospital Grade Disinfectant surface spray
HOCl can transform cleaning programs for the better. Consider these five benefits for your facility:
- Efficacy. HOCl inactivates a variety of viruses, including coronaviruses, in less than one minute. In a comparison of disinfectants used in surgical centers, hypochlorous acid reduced the bacterial count significantly more than standard disinfectants. It’s also effective against the common cold, flu and norovirus, which is recognized as one of the most difficult viruses to kill.
- Safety. Producing PathoCide Hospital Grade Disinfectant requires only water, salt and electricity, meaning the disinfectant has no added fragrances, preservatives or irritating odors. It has been proven to be non-irritating to eyes and skin and can be used without personal protective equipment (PPE) like gloves and masks.
- Sustainability. Unlike conventional chemicals that can pollute waterways, hypochlorous acid is safe to dispose of without environmental concerns. Plus, generating hypochlorous acid on site enables the use of reusable spray bottles, thereby reducing plastic waste. HOCl also does not contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that negatively impact indoor air quality.
- Availability. Since water, salt and electricity are easy to source and don’t rely on traditional chemical supply chains, facilities using PathoCide Hospital Grade Disinfectant can be assured the product will be available when required. This is especially important when supply chains experience delays or interruptions.
- Increased use. As we look beyond the pandemic, and the world begins to return to normal, there is one topic that seems to be sticking around: increased cleaning frequency. Janitorial services, once hidden in the back or performed during the nightshift, are now on display. As cleaning frequencies increase and tend to be on display, it is critical that chemicals used do not expose those around them to harmful residues or active ingredients.
PathoCide Hospital Grade Disinfectant — The Solution that Cleans for Health
PathoCide Hospital Grade Disinfectant can prevent the spread of infectious diseases as well as if not better than conventional chemicals without the dangerous properties of bleach, quats and hydrogen peroxide. Choosing to use PathoCide Hospital Grade Disinfectant on site offers numerous benefits and demonstrates that your business cares for its staff, visitors and the environment.
Interested in learning more about how PathoCide Hospital Grade Disinfectant can benefit your cleaning program? Contact Dr Juhi Saxena today.
For more information: www.pathosans.com.au.
The multi award-winning Darwin Convention Centre has long identified the health sector as one of...
Developing a non-disposable cubicle screen has been Materialised's passion for over 18...
Scroll air compressors have been around for decades but it wasn't until recently that they...