2021 ACIPC International Conference returns this November
What: 2021 ACIPC International Conference
When: 8–10 November 2021
While COVID-19 continues to unfold as the most significant health crisis the world has seen in a century, it is critical that we continue to bring together experts in a variety of scientific fields to discuss and share emerging knowledge.
The 2021 Australian College for Infection Prevention and Control (ACIPC) International Conference will be delivered as an online event.
It will bring together professionals working in the infection prevention and control space to discuss discoveries and advancements in practice, education, and research to help prevent and control infection in our communities.
The conference will take place online between 8 and 10 November.
The conference features an impressive array of invited national and international speakers, panels, oral presentations, poster presentations and themed sessions.
Confirmed topics include:
- Epidemiology of Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) in Australia
- Worldwide trends in infection prevention and control
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Prevention of vascular catheter associated bloodstream infections
- Acute care outbreaks
- Air conditioning’s role in transmission of COVID-19
- Lessons learnt about transmission of COVID-19 in acute care settings
- PPE use in times of constrained supply
- The value of genomics during an outbreak
- Identifying patient zero: genomic sequencing in conjunction with epidemiological data in a hospital outbreak
- Use of portable air cleaners to reduce aerosol transmission on a COVID-19 ward
- Differentiation of alcohol-based hand rubs: assessment of proclivity and efficacy
- The risk of the environment in infection transmission
- Feasibility of bluetooth low energy wearable tags to quantify healthcare worker proximity networks and patient close contact
- Efficacy of ultraviolet C radiations against bacteria, fungi and coronavirus
For information about speakers and presentation topics, visit www.acipcconference.com.au.
The conference will also have a theme session running throughout each of the three days for aged care, office-based practice and immunisation.
Infection prevention and control in residential and aged care facilities
- Infection prevention and control challenges in aged care
- Developing a risk management IPC plan for your facility
- Developing an outbreak management plan for your facility
- Infection prevention and control resources for residential aged care facilities
- Experiences of outbreaks in aged care
- A risk-based approach to staff health and safety
Infection prevention and control in office-based practices
- ‘Back to basics’ microbiology and infection prevention and control basic principles
- Regulatory obligations, guidelines and standards
- Hand hygiene in office-based practice
- Environmental cleaning and disinfection
- Aseptic technique, PPE and aerosol generating procedures in a podiatry and dental setting
- Infection prevention and control audits in office-based practice and look backs
- Instrument cleaning and reprocessing in office-based practice
Immunisation workshop on day 3
- Vaccine programs in aged care settings
- Vaccine programs in hospital settings
- Approaching the introduction of an influenza vaccine directive
- Mandatory influenza vaccinations for healthcare workers
For more information, details about the full program and registration, visit the website: www.acipcconference.com.au.
If you have any questions regarding the conference, contact conference managers, Conference Design, firstname.lastname@example.org, 03 6231 2999.
A new report calls for earlier investigation and treatment to capture all adults with risk...
There is nothing like a one-in-100-year pandemic to expose cracks in an infection prevention and...
Shortly after welcoming the arrival of her second child, Kelly Evans'* blissful...