ABC Reports Medicare Local System Will be Scrapped
There is growing speculation the Federal Government plans to shut down the Medicare Local system, according to an article published by ABC today.
The ABC reports it has learned a number of Medicare Local chief executives were told the Federal Government plans to shut down the current system and local health bodies will be scrapped in next month's budget.
The ABC obtained a circular sent to heads of each Medicare Local by its peak body which urges organisations to lobby local Members of Parliament.
Some of the proposals for 2014-15 the Government is considering include:
- ending funding to Medicare Locals
- establishing larger statutory agencies to funnel state and federal funding
- heavier involvement of private health insurers
- more focus on GP involvement
- putting services out to public tender
- abolishing the peak body Australian Medicare Local Alliance
To read the full ABC article, go to http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-22/medicare-locals-like-to-face-the-axe-in-budget/5402414
Greater levels of pharmacist intervention are required when administering drugs to an...
eSports athletes are at risk of physical, psychological and metabolic disorders, according to a...
Women will be asked about their experiences of sexuality, body image, sexual function, femininity...