Dental braces wire found in bowels
In a more unusual day for doctors, a West Australian woman was found to have wire from a dental brace in her bowel — 10 years after wearing braces.
Suffering from bad stomach pain for two days, the 30-year-old was admitted to hospital where a scan revealed the unusual culprit. According to online journal BMJ Case Reports, the wire had pierced her small bowel in several places, causing the intestine to twist around on itself, a condition known as volvulus.
The woman said that she had not worn a dental brace for a decade, and didn’t remember having swallowed the wire or having lost it.
The woman underwent emergency surgery and the wire was removed. She has made a full recovery with no further complications.
Stroke affects children and babies, and is among the top 10 causes of death in children.
Opting for a nasal spray only strategy may be better than adding hayfever tablets to the mix.
Patients who conversed with avatars in this study experienced significant improvements.